This is the second part of our three-part guide. We are sure that the previous part 10 facts on Alzheimer’s disease for an expository essay proved to be very helpful in gathering research on the subject. It’s now time to assist you in locking on a single topic.
There is just so much information to be found on Alzheimer’s disease and we understand it must be like picking a needle in a haystack. However, take a read at the topic suggestions below; we’ll tell you what to expect next. There’s also a sample essay waiting for you at the end of this guide.
Here are 20 expository essay topics on Alzheimer’s disease:
- Causes of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Behavioral Problems of an Alzheimer’s Patient
- Americans and Alzheimer’s Disease: Why is it Becoming More Common?
- Effects on Families of Alzheimer’s Patients
- Vascular Dementia and its Connection with Alzheimer’s Disease
- How to Keep the Brain’s Blood Vessels Healthy?
- What Are the Symptoms of Mixed Dementia?
- How Alzheimer’s Affects the Brain and its Functions
- How Plaques and Tangles Form Affect the Brain
- Effects of Disrupted Nerve Cells
- Genetic Analysis and Early Diagnosis of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Studying the APOE Gene to Understand How Alzheimer’s Spreads
- Alzheimer’s Disease in Latinos, African-Americans and White Americans
- Head Injuries and the Risks it Curtails with Regards to Future Alzheimer’s Diagnosis
- Things to Do to Avoid Alzheimer’s Disease in Future
- How Other Mental Disorders are Related to Alzheimer’s Disease
- Relevant Neurological Tests for Alzheimer’s Disease
- How to Care for an Alzheimer Patient
- Stages of Alzheimer’s Disease and its Relationship with Age
- Cholinesterase Inhibitors for Alzheimer’s Disease
We’re sure after going through these topics you must have come up with ten of your own already. The idea behind this list is to help you find the right train of thought, whether directly or indirectly, that is entirely up to you. The first part of this three-part guide was 10 facts on Alzheimer’s disease for an expository essay, while this part gave you 20 topic suggestion. The final part of this guide is how to outline an expository essay on Alzheimer’s disease”
Through this guide you were able to come up with the research needed to write a great college essay and got to know a few interesting topics regarding Alzheimer’s disease. The last part of the guide discusses in detail how to write an expository essay on the subject.
Before you get to the final guide though, here is a sample essay as promised:
Sample Expository Essay: How to Care for an Alzheimer’s Patient
It takes a lot of patience and flexibility to take care for an Alzheimer’s patient. Although there are ways to make it easier, in this essay we will concentrate on how the frustration or emotional stress endured by the patient can be reduced. There are a few steps that you can follow to help make the environment safer for both you and the Alzheimer’s patient.
Whether you’re a professional caretaker or a family living with an Alzheimer’s patient, a lot of care and attention needs to be given to the patient. Alzheimer causes an individual to lose the ability to safely perform even the most routine daily tasks which only gets worse with time. You must see to it that they are able to demonstrate a certain degree of awareness and independence, as well as a sense of dignity. This is especially important since they are starting to become more dependent on you and your family members. It also gives the patient a sense of control and awareness even though there brain is in a deteriorating state.
Your main goal is to reduce the frustration an Alzheimer’s patient goes through. When they see that the tasks that seemed so simple and effortless earlier have become extremely difficult, they’ll need some to help ease the agitation and mental anguish.
One of the foremost things you can do is maintain a routine, which can make each day less agitating and frustrating. Alzheimer’s patients are not completely incapable mentally, and it’s still possible for them to learn (or relearn) certain routines. The best solution for a safe and stress-free environment is to schedule every task down to medical appointments and bathing timings, which must be done when the patient is at their sharpest. And don’t forget to plan the schedule strategically so that there is ample room for anything that should require a spontaneous reaction and on-the-spot solution.
If you’re a family member then you need to realize that everything will take more time than it did before. If you’re doing something together then you’ll have to give the patient regular breaks. If you can, schedule the task while taking these breaks in account.
Never underestimate them the recuperative abilities of the patient; if you see them doing something they are confident in doing themselves, let them do it without any assistance. Some patients might still have their mind-muscle memory intact. Encourage them to complete activities on their own such as changing clothes or setting up the table themselves.
It is important that you provide the patient with a plethora of choices. Keeping a schedule too restricted or making them stay in a room for too long is more damaging than safe, and can even lead to a faster mental decline. Make sure you are offering patients plenty of flexibility to move around and engage in different activities so long as they pose no danger to their wellbeing. For example, If it’s coffee you’re offering, ask them if they would like it hot or cold or if you’re going to the movies, ask them which movie they’d prefer to see. Find ways to keep the patient engaged and occupied, but have sufficient variety while you’re at it. Doing the same thing over day in and day isn’t very healthy for the patient or those providing care, for that matter.
The instructions that you give to the patient need to be simple. If they don’t understand what’s being communicated to them, simply rephrase or give them simpler instructions. While they are performing any given task, make sure that there are little to no distractions; if they are having a meal, turn off the TV and have a conversation about the meal instead.
- Agronin, M. (2014). Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias : a practical guide. New York: Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group.
- Davis, R. & Davis, B. (1989). My journey into Alzheimer’s disease. Wheaton, Ill: Tyndale House Publishers.
- Mast, B. (2014). Second forgetting : remembering the power of the gospel during Alzheimer’s disease. Grand Rapids, Michigan: Zondervan.
- Newport, M. (2011). Alzheimer’s disease : what if there was a cure? : the story of ketones. Laguna Beach, CA: Basic Health Publications.
- Callone, P. (2006). A caregiver’s guide to Alzheimer’s disease : 300 tips for making life easier. New York: Demos Medical Pub.Fife, B. (2011). Stop Alzheimer’s now! : how to prevent and reverse dementia, Parkinson’s, ALS, multiple sclerosis, and other neurodegenerative disorders. Colorado Springs, CO: Piccadilly Books.
- Newport, M. (2011). Alzheimer’s disease : what if there was a cure? : the story of ketones. Laguna Beach, CA: Basic Health Publications.
- Poirier, J., Gauthier, S. & Sandilands, B. (2014). Alzheimer’s disease : the complete introduction. Toronto: Dundurn.
0.00 avg. rating (0% score) - 0 votes
Tags: expository essay ideas, expository essay topics, medicine essay topics
Some say the most difficult part of writing a text – is to start. But topic selection even precedes this starting point. This activity takes off a lot of time, and sometimes imagination just doesn’t work in your favor. That’s where our list of best research paper topics will come in handy. We collected the most unhacked and powerful ideas to turn the average piece of writing into a compelling research paper. Discover how to choose suitable and interesting research topics with our help.
Start With Observing Your Interests
If you are confused with a variety of interesting topics to research on the Internet, it’s better to decide what interests you the most. Don’t stick to easy research paper topics just to complete the task fast. If you are allowed to freely choose what to write on your own, use the opportunity to create something unique. Write down the list of your interests and break down every idea into small certain topics. When you have a list in front of your eyes, it will be easier to make up your mind and start considering a particular issue.
Then you should examine what aspect of the topic is preferable for you to outline in your research paper. A list will save you here again. Use pros/cons template to include all the arguments and objections to the issues.
Check the Info
If a topic is a backbone of your paper, then information is its essential body element. Before settling on the research topic ideas, you have to make sure there is enough information for you to model the main body of your paper. It is recommended to use textbooks (both online and offline), articles and other sources that deal with scientific explanations and review your topic from the most debatable side. Especially if you decided to stop on controversial topics for research papers, you should prepare in advance and look up for the strong arguments to support your thesis.
Our experts carefully developed unique research paper ideas to equip you with good research topics and ease your writing procedure entirely!
Research Paper Topics on Medicine
- Is life-sustaining therapy needed when it’s futile?
- The role of placebo treatment
- How to avoid animal testing?
- Pros and contras of medical marijuana
- Is cow milk healthy?
- Is being a vegetarian useful for child’s health?
- How obesity affects our health?
- Vaccines for kids: their usefulness or damage
- Should prescription drugs be advertised directly to consumers?
- Do doctors turn their patients into drug addicts?
Research Paper Topics on Education
- How can standardized tests improve education?
- Does college graduates make more money?
- Should education be cheaper?
- How will modern technologies change the way of teaching in the future?
- The creation of particular learning methods for blind children
- Social networking and school
- Metal detectors at schools
- The effects of contemporary teaching methods
- The role of technology in lesson planning
- How to manage bullies and take actions against bullying at education institutions?
Research Paper Topics on Environment
- How to reduce global warming?
- How to stop wasting paper and save trees?
- Can overpopulation be managed?
- Should more films about environmental issues be produced?
- Human impacts on forests
- Underground effects of earthquakes
- How to elaborate optimal adaptation of buildings threatened by hurricanes?
- Is it possible to predict hurricane impacts?
- Is nuclear power safe for humans?
- How dangerous is GMO food?
Research Paper Topics on Entertainment and Sport
- Are social networks good for our society?
- Do violent video games make kids angry and cruel?
- Is it necessary to forbid using animals for entertainment?
- Do beauty contests set the non-achievable beauty standards?
- Are newspapers going to be replaced by online sources of information?
- How gaming consoles influence the youth?
- Should women be allowed to compete against men?
- What television programs should be banned?
- How tv shows impose fake moral standards?
- Can the use of social media, such as Facebook, lower teens’ self-esteem?
Research Paper Topics on Politics
- Should the drinking age be lowered?
- Should adults have the right to carry a concealed handgun?
- More gun control laws should be enacted
- How can the international community prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons?
- How can ethnic killings be stopped?
- Current prospect for peace between Israel and the Palestinians
- What world would be like without wars?
- How to avoid workforce reduction?
- Should the death penalty be allowed?
- Is socialism possible?
Research Paper Topics on Psychology
- Is autism a disease or a development idiosyncrasy?
- How to forecast and shape behavioral patterns?
- How to manage child violence?
- How to deal with a mental breakdown?
- The impact of classical music on the work of brain
- How insomnia affects our health?
- How bad dreams influence our mood?
- Is stress really harmful?
- How depression impacts the immune system?
- Intellectually gifted people: how is it possible?
Research Paper Topics on Science and Technologies
- How is light being used to treat cancer and other diseases?
- What is the current evidence that Mars has had water and maybe life?
- Can nanomedicine potentially extend the human lifespan?
- What is the future of computing and artificial intelligence?
- The role cryogenics may play in future.
- Can alternative energy effectively replace fossil fuels?
- Is it beneficial for wild animals to have interactions with people?
- What evidence do we have that CMB is the result of the big bang?
- How will self-driving cars change the way people live?
- Can using system like bitcoin help protect identity theft?
Research Paper Topics on Culture
- A new comprehension of past events
- The origin of racial discrimination
- The roots of antisemitism
- The impact of advertisements and commercials on modern art
- The most remarkable cultural achievements of the 20th century and their influence on our society
- Cultural revolutions throughout history
- How pop culture trends influence youth?
- Should pregnant celebrities be exposed on magazine’s covers?
- Why was Greek cultural influence so important for the ancient Mediterranean world?
- Why was the Victorian period a time of cultural change?
Research Paper Topics on Math
- The influence of algorithms
- Is it possible to build a winning monopoly strategy?
- Why is 'x' the unknown?
- How math changed the world?
- What's solution to the McDonald's math problem?
- How do math geniuses understand extremely hard math concepts so quickly?
- Should high school math contests be banned?
- What is the relationship between music and math?
- Are math formulas ever used in real life?
- What are some of the most confusing math problems ever?
Research Paper Topics on Business
- How do dirty business tactics work?
- Can business be started without money?
- Notorious business leaders
- Entrepreneurship and family business
- Ethical decision making in everyday work situations
- What are the most effective strategies for promoting a small business?
- Is it worth it to expand the business into a new region or country?
- How to build a successful startup
- The role of international business and sustainable development
- The impact of climate change on international business strategies