WHAT IS A NARRATIVE ESSAY?
Usually, such notion covers the stories about any event, interesting case, or the remembrance of the trip, the recollections concerning the holidays, the narration about the book you have read or the film you have watched. Your essay can also include a short story about the favorite writer, actor, or politician who has impressed you greatly. At the same time, the narrative essay comprises writing a biography – the so-called personal story.
As a rule, the essay assignment is written in the literary style. It means that it is possible to take advantage of the whole variety of the vocabulary; here, one can add some elements of the informal style to show the peculiar features of characters’ speech while writing a good narrative essay. Despite the fact that the essay supposes applying the narrative type of speech, it is not forbidden to add the elements of description and reasoning. The description will help to depict the characters of the narration and the scene of action; the reasoning will give the possibility to highlight your attitude to the events you are writing about.
IDEAS FOR NARRATIVE ESSAY PAPERS
If you have never worked on the assignment of such kind, do not worry. Everyone needs a little help writing a narrative essay for the first time. Thus, our team has decided to provide you with a few useful tips that will allow you to cope with your task without a hassle.
- As a first step, you need to specify the goal of the essay creation. Most often, while writing a narrative essay, people try to describe a certain special moment, but it should be accompanied by the explicitly stated frame of mind. Certainly, your story or even "scene" has to be depicted elliptically, but meaningfully.
- The narration may be about 800-1000 words.
- As usual, the basis of the narration consists of some particular moments or scenes, impressions about the character, ideas. There is always the topic, put in the narration.
- Short stories are often used while writing the review. The review can demonstrate the events from different points of view. Although, most often, the authors voice only one point of view. Remember, the review should not be extended to several pages; that is why you do not have to confuse the reader.
- To write the paper successfully, try not to limit yourself to one single style. There are no special rules regarding the observance of the specific format. A good narrative essay is the one that comes from the heart, so feel free to write as you wish to. Your paper will still most likely include the introduction, the body, and the conclusion. But once again, if you want to skip the introduction or any other part, it is your choice.
- Try to follow one important rule: your story needs to always be accompanied by the specific atmosphere. The story should not just be told - it has to provoke the readers' feelings. It is for this reason that the narrations begin not from the prequel, but with the main body where the principal idea is centered.
- If the paper is on culture, read the examples of cultural narrative essay papers. They main idea here is that you need to find the examples on specific subjects or topics, as there are numerous types of narrative essays, and you need to be absolutely sure you are structuring and writing your paper correctly. Also, you may find some exciting moments in the plot of these works and some ideas concerning the style and formatting for your story. Pay attention to the way the author uses the language and tries to express mood to provoke the reader's emotions.
- Think out the "diagram of associations." Choose one peculiar topic or idea and try to list the group of words and phrases, which are associated with the given topic. When you have listed a fair number of words, begin to divide them into groups. Concentrate on the way these words are linked to the main topic.
- Write down the flow of your thoughts. Do not think about the structure or the correctness of writing – just write everything that comes to your mind. Then you can highlight phrases or sentences, which are appropriate for your narration and use them in the final version of the work.
- Ask yourself six important questions. Take a sheet of paper, write down the main topic of the narration and then formulate the questions: "who", "what", "when", "where", "why" and "how". Answer every question using the sentences from the text written by you. Now, you need to read your answers. Perhaps, some questions will require several sentences, and other questions – none; though, it is acceptable, because these questions will become the basis when you write a narrative essay.
These 8 tips are the key to composing a great paper, and you should definitely consider using them while preparing one. However, if “How to write a narrative essays?” question is still on your mind, feel free to check the guide provided below. And if anything remains uncertain, our support team will gladly clarify it for you.
SHORT GUIDE TO PREPARING BEST NARRATIVE ESSAYS
The best narrative essay necessitates the thorough analysis of details. First of all, you need to think over the style of narration. It can be free style; you may just describe any sample or moment from your life. Secondly, add more details, which are able to transfer the emotions to the reader. To "decorate" the essay, it is possible to use such language means of expression as the comparison, metaphor, alliteration, etc. Having accomplished all above-mentioned recommendations, try to shorten your narration a bit. Take away the unnecessary details, which do not bring any sense. Keep only key moments and scenes, and also those, which will provoke the special mood.
BUY YOUR NARRATIVE ESSAY AT PRO-PAPERS.COM
When you know which ideas you want to focus on, it is time to start writing. The best paper necessitates the thorough analysis of details. First of all, you need to think of the style of narration. It can be freestyle, and you may just describe any sample or moment from your life. Professionals recommend avoiding complex words and structures while writing a college narrative essay, so do not try to make your paper sound “smart” but rather focus on making it simple and interesting. The paper should be clear, concise, and informative not to bore the readers. One more thing that would be helpful is using the same words, idioms, and constructions that you usually use in speech. This will make your paper a lot more personal, and less bookish.
It is also recommended not to use a second-person narrative. The author should let the readers understand that he has experienced the events that he describes. However, note that some narrative essays for middle school, and college have to be written in the second-person, and this is what you should clarify with your teacher beforehand.
Before you start writing, make an outline of the plot. Make up a list of the major events of the story – this is a right way not to miss the important points. Afterward, try putting them in the certain logical order to make them flow into a single story.
Describing the main characters is really important. Is there anything special you want to tell about them? What specific details do you remember about these people? Note that it is not enough to describe appearances – think about some interesting, even tiny details that make a certain person stand out. You may try writing down summaries of each character and just everything that you remember, then leave only the most essential points that you will later include in the essay. It is also vital to describe the location of the story. Tell the readers what you can see, touch, or smell to provide them with a more vivid view of the scene.
As there is no specific structure to follow, open up your inner narrative essay writer, put the outline you created in front of yourself, and start creating your masterpiece. Do not be afraid to write too much. You will have to reread the paper and delete some sentences and details anyway, and it is way easier to remove some parts after you are done, then try fitting into the word limit from the very first word.
When you have finished writing, here comes the revision stage. Now you can change and reorganize the paper, cut some sentences, scenes, or explanations, and polish the work until it is perfect. For the effective revision try answering several questions: Does the sequence of events makes sense? Are there enough details or they distract the reader? Can you call your paper descriptive or informative? Have you expressed what you wanted with the story?
If you have tried writing and editing several times, and nothing makes sense, try putting the assignment away, and focus on another work or just relax. It is better not to urge the process, and let your creativity do the job. However, at times, the task cannot wait, and you feel like the essays helper is something you would have gladly used. And, luckily, you now know the one that will always be there for you when the need arises. Pro-Papers is the service that will make your decision to buy personal narrative essay one of the best ones you have made in your academic life. Contact us whenever you need a writing buddy who can supply quality essay papers within any timeframes!
BUY NARRATIVE ESSAYS ONLINE FROM PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICE
Many people are quite sure that writing the narration is as easy as ABC. Naturally, they are mistaken. To write a good and well-structured narrative essay for college, one has to concentrate on the great variety of details needed to complete the paper. Very often, it happens to be the overwhelming task for some people, taking into account the enormous speed of modern life with its endless tasks to be done. It means that there is nothing shocking in the situation when you may need some help.
Do not blame yourself for these thoughts – even the most experienced writers have them. And, instead of wasting time overthinking, go to Pro-Papers and let the specialists provide you with professional help with narrative essay writing. Our qualified crew of writers will gladly complete the paper meeting all your requirements.
Pro-Papers always guarantees the high quality and plagiarism free papers. We do not write using templates; that is why every completed paper is unique.
The placement of your order with Pro-Papers will inevitably turn out to be the advantageous purchase. If you have any questions, we are here to assist you 24/7 online. We offer great discounts and helpful extras to all our clients because we care about them and we know how a paper may influence the grade and the career.
Do not feel confused if you don’t know how to write narrative essay, we know for sure how to make a perfect paper for you, and we are always here to help. You will be pleasantly surprised by the prices of the services. Also, you are welcome to invite your friends and receive great ordering options together!
|Writing from scratch|
How to write a Scholarship Essay - Examples
Scholarship Essays should use this formatting unless specified otherwise:
- Two to three pages in length
- Double spaced
- Times New Roman font
- 12 point font
- One-inch top, bottom, and side margins
These scholarship essay examples are provided for insight on how to write a scholarship essay.
Scholarship Essay Example 1 addresses the following question: "Choose a book or books that have affected you deeply and explain why." In this case, the applicant has chosen the novel Germinal by Emile Zola. The essay is strong and well-written, although not without its flaws.
Scholarship Essay Example 1
The scholarship essay example 2 question (Who has been the most influential person in your life?) is a common scholarship prompt. The example posted here is a winning scholarship submission that deals effectively and affectionately with the question.
Scholarship Essay Example 2
Essay examples 3 and 4 are in response to (e.g, "Why do you want to go to college" or "Describe a major hurdle or obstacle you've had to overcome".). Both examples deal with the same theme (sick parent) but utilize different approaches. In addition, one is a 500-word response and the other is a 1,000-word response.